x
Toggle Content    Register or Login  -  December 10, 2018, 1:49 am  
Toggle Content Commercial Themes
This is an opportunity for you to preview TCD commercial themes. All themes seen here can be purchased from the store.
Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Toggle Content Navigation
Toggle Content Project Status
Support Forums » DragonflyCMS » Theme Support » Forum question
Please use the forum search before making a post. Your question might have been previously answered.

Forum question
General theme support for all themes not created nor worked on by TCD.
Basically community theme support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index » Theme Support Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote

I was trying to get an old theme working i made for a invisionfree forum i used to own. It has a bar on top of every category and below it. I need to add a single row to the table of my forum but for some reason it keeps ending up on wrong places and i dont seem to get it to stick to the right spot. Look at there screenshots to see what i mean:

Between hall of fame and competitions there needs to be an extra row to add the buttom bar.

I thought it had to be between here (index_body.html):
PHP:
                 <!-- ELSE -->
<
p class="gensmall">{L_NO_POSTS}</p>
<!-- ENDIF -->
</
td>
</
tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
PHP:

<!-- BEGINELSE -->
<
tr>
<
td class="row1" colspan="5" align="center"><p class="gensmall">{L_NO_FORUMS}</p></td>
</
tr>
<!--
END forumrow -->
</
table>

If i do this it will wind up below every single sub category. Like signatures , wallpapers etc. It just needs to be on the very buttom of every single "block"

Can someone help me out cus i think i'm just looking in the wrong spot.

Greetz FaitH

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Ah someone finally brought up this question. In Dragonfly you have to do it a little differently then is normal. Took me quite a while to figure it out too. You have to put a row above the category title not below. That way when it's repeated you'll get the space you want. Otherwise it will add the space to each topic and not category.

Here is one I've done with the default template. You'll have to modify it to suit your needs since you've added in a good amount of custom code. This is just to show where you should insert an additional table row.

PHP:
        <!-- BEGIN forumrow -->
<!-- IF
forumrow.S_IS_CAT -->
<
tr><td colspan="5" height="15"></td></tr> <-----This is the additional row I've inserted to trick it into giving the space desired. Smile
<td class="cat" colspan="2">&nbsp;<a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWCAT}" class="cattitle">{forumrow.CAT_DESC}</a></td>

I've also just updated the TCD_Default theme to include the seperated categories. If you haven't started on it yet, you could use that forum template out of the box.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote

Thank you man,

As you can see it worked out quite well, just need to fix the bg color some spacing arround the table and add some bg's, but i also bumped into 2 little problems.

Problem 1 is theres one to much at the top.
And problem 2 theres one missing in the bottum.

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 pm Reply with quote

Change the height from 15 to whatever you want. I used 15 because it looked descent enough for what I wanted that's all. I haven't tried putting anything at the bottom yet but I'm sure you would just tack it onto the bottom of that category or forumrow code the same as you would do for a block. There is an area where it will be repeated for all blocks and then there is an area for the top first and bottom of the last block. Just have to find it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Hmm alright but how am i gonna remove the one that its adding at the top cus that one is concerning me the most :S

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote

I am still skinning my website's first skin your tutorial has been a great help already. You told how to skin the website + forum. I noticed all your skins have a new coppermine skin aswell i gess i could figure out how to skin it but the thing i am wondering is how do you make it switch since the coppermine folder is outside of the theme directory. I gess i could skin my coppermine but i would overwrite the standart files and i dont think thats a good idea if i want to revert to the original for making another skin after this one.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index » Theme Support Printer Friendly Page