x
Toggle Content    Register or Login  -  August 15, 2018, 2:42 am  
Toggle Content Commercial Themes
This is an opportunity for you to preview TCD commercial themes. All themes seen here can be purchased from the store.
Toggle Content User Info

Welcome Anonymous

Toggle Content Navigation
Toggle Content Project Status
Support Forums » DragonflyCMS » Theme Support » cursor colour in DF_hardwired theme
Please use the forum search before making a post. Your question might have been previously answered.

cursor colour in DF_hardwired theme
General theme support for all themes not created nor worked on by TCD.
Basically community theme support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index » Theme Support Printer Friendly Page

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote

I'm planning on installing the latest version of DF_hardwired theme. I had it in theme preview mode so the members could take a look at it. The thing the (older) members complained about the most is the cursor colour. When being somewhere in the middle of a text, they hardly can see the cursor position. Is there a way to change the colour of the cursor?? Also it's hardly to see which radio-button is selected. Can the colour of the dot be changed??

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:37 am Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no way to change the cursor color without the use of a javascript to replace the cursor completely with something custom but it won't work for everyone so it's kind of useless.

Same goes for the radio button dot and radio button background. I was able to change the radio button background box color but not the dot itself and then only in IE and not FF.

The only thing I can suggest is to go into css and change the themes background color where appropriate. If you need help tracking down the classes in style.css that you need changed I can help with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote

the most complaints were about the forums new topic, reply or quick reply box. Maybe the background of those can become a bit brighter. As I'm not that good with theming, maybe you could point me a bit in the right direction??

Lead Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quote

sure, in style.css modify the input box colors like so:

Code:
/* Form elements */
input.button, input.post, textarea, textarea.post, select {
    background-color : #FAFAFA;
    color: #000;
    font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    border-color : #5B5B5B;
    border-top-color: #5B5B5B;
    border-left-color: #5B5B5B;
    border-right-color: #5B5B5B;
    border-bottom-color: #5B5B5B;
    border-top-width: 1px;
    border-left-width: 1px;
    border-right-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
}

The background color and color attributes are what you want to change. I've gone ahead and changed the background to light grey and text to black for you. Just copy and paste the code over the current one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:44 am Reply with quote

great, tnx Devon, will try it

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote

added the change and must say: perfect, much, much better, tnx again Devon Smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote

Hello again. I've run into yet another problem...

I've created a module and my first theme to go with it. The template is quite intricate and works nicely, that is, until it's cached... The template is used several times in a single call. I've tried destroying the template after each time it's used once, and I've even tried running a new instance of the template engine for each time the template is called, and still can't get around the problem. The only fix I have so far is to CHMOD the cache directory to 700, so obviously nothing is getting cached anymore...

Have you ever run into such a problem? Do you know what I might have done wrong? As I said, the template works exactly as expected, apart from when it's cached...

Many, many thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index » Theme Support Printer Friendly Page